Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Exploring Catholicism for Christians Who Are Not Catholic

One of my greatest frustrations as a Catholic who loves the Catholic Church is how sadly obscured is Beauty, Truth, and Goodness of Christ that ought to be radiating from every Catholic individual and institution in the world, if only Her members would fully conform themselves to Christ and the teachings of His Church.  The heart and mind and the beauty of God Himself are more accessible to man in the Catholic Church than anywhere else this side of heaven, yet we feeble men hide it by our mediocrity and reluctance to the pay the price of fully embracing it.

I am particularly saddened when I encounter people who have an interest in Catholicism, who when looking from a distance see glimmers of a depth and timelessness and beauty and truth that cannot be found anywhere else, but who, then, upon closer examination, are disappointed by the mediocrity, lack of passion, and ignorance of the truths of our faith that they find among rank and file Catholics.

 I want to do my part to at least make the truths of this beautiful and ancient faith accessible to those who are having trouble finding and recognizing them.  For that end, I created my newest list:

Exploring Catholicism for Christians Who Are Not Catholic





No comments:

Post a Comment